REMINDER: Members must pay by cheque with the current date, no post-dated cheques or cash please, when you sign for an activity. Remember that cheque book because if you cannot pay when signing, you will be placed on the Waiting List.
Bingo Bowling 10 a.m. Wednesday 15 January 2020
We are bringing back this hugely successful event at the same locations as last year: Hopedale Bowl in the South Oakville Mall and Bronte Sports Kitchen for lunch.
Pre-ordered lunch choices are:
Fish & Chips
Greek salad with chicken
Trivia Night at 5 west brewpub 7 p.m. Wednesday 29 January
Location is 3600 Dundas St, Burlington in the Headon Forest area of Burlington.
Trivia is free, but come enjoy some food and drinks while you participate. Please sign up if you are interested so that the pub can set aside the right number of tables for us.
Trattoria Social Dinner 6:30 p.m. Thursday 6 February
Contact Harold & Evelyn Elsie at 905-849-6975 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
PotLuck Fun & Games 4 -8p.m. Wednesday 26 February
Location is St.Simons Church. We will play card and board games and have a soup, sandwiches and dessert potluck. Church allows BYOB. Sign to start in December, potluck selections in January. Price $5.00
Ottawa Tulip Festival Tour 19th - 21st May 2020
DAY ONE: Diefenbunker Cold War Museum
DAY TWO: Royal Canadian Mint, Tulip display at Dow’s Lake, National Art Gallery, Canadian War Museum OR Canadian History Museum
DAY THREE: Picton Wine Tour (2 Wineries)
YOUR TOUR includes:
Return transportation by deluxe highway motor coach
Two night’s accommodation at Casino Lac-Leamy
$30 Meal Vouchers; $20 in Slot play
Admissions to attractions listed as “Highlights of the Tour”
Driving tour of Ottawa
Free time to explore the famous Byward Market, for shopping or dining at your leisure.
Services of an HNA Travels Tour Director
This activity will be set up slightly differently than our usual activities.
This is the situation for signing on with the company Shirlie works with:
About 25 persons have signed they are interested in this trip. Expect to depart around 8 a.m. Lunch will be at an On Route somewhere along the way and dinner after check-in at the Elgin Hotel—most meals are self pay. On day 3 lunch will be included. Shirlie advised a deposit is not needed.
These points will be available IN WRITING for all those putting down the deposit for the trip.
1. She recommends people by credit card. Mechanism is that I will take names and phones numbers, submit them to her office and her office will call the people to get the CC details. People should check whether their cards carry cancellation insurance.
2. She requires a $250 deposit by end-January from the people with final payment coming out April 1. The venues have to be paid 45 days in advance.
3. She will accommodate a minimum of 35 people, if we cannot reach that number she will reach out to other clubs (Ajax I assume) to adequately fill the bus.
4. We do not need to be involved with any waiver.
5. Tips are not included but she recommends $3/day/driver and $5/day/tour director. She will “pass the hat” so-to-speak.
6. Cost remains at $599 double occupancy per person and $799 single.
7. She will confirm which meals are included.
You can purchase cancellation insurance from Sanderson Travel Insurance--call 1-877-226-8728 (Brian at extension 225) and tell them HNA Travels sent you. (Note that this will cost in the neighbourhood of $100 but does cover return of the deposit.)
Spring Social Thursday 11th June 2020
Location is Le Dome. Musical entertainment will be by "The Notables"
Halfway There, a Norm Foster Presentation. Friday 3rd July
Location is the Lighthouse Theatre in Port Dover.
Linda | home: 905-469-0566 | cell: 905-483-2384